Who Can Receive Services
No eligibility limitations
Today, the LCMRC, which was founded in the fall of 2003:
- Has hundreds of active volunteers including physicians, dentists, nurses, social workers and other medical and non-medical personnel.
- Has taken on the role of developing volunteer programs at the local, state and national level.
- Provided best practice guidance for the Illinois Medical Reserve Corps (MRCIL).
- Is coordinated by the Co-Chairperson for the group made up of 77 MRC units and over 4,500 active volunteers in the state of Illinois and has supported activities to help develop MRC units in the Southeastern part of the state of Wisconsin.
- Is an active unit supporting the LCHD/CHC with volunteers to assist at Flu Clinics, Flu Phone Banks, Lake County Fair, Kids First Health Fair and more
- Has participated in major SNS training exercises. The MRC is continually recruiting qualified volunteers who want to help keep their community healthy and safe.
- Was awarded a 2010 Mentor Award from the Office of Civilian Volunteer Medical Reserve Corps for efforts in collaboration with the Southeast Wisconsin Medical Reserve Corps.
- Was awarded the Illinois Department of Health 2011 Directors Recognition Award for significant efforts in emergency preparedness and community commitment to public health.
- Is a 2012 Active Partner in Illinois Heart Rescue Project. The goal of this project is to form community, EMS and hospital partnerships across the state to measure and improve cardiac arrest survival.
- Was awarded in 2014 the FEMA Community Preparedness Award for Local Communities.
Trainings and Other Activities/Resources
For information, contact Chet Splitt at 847.309.7257
NIMS Training. http://www.training.fema.gov/is/nims.aspx
Site Managers for the Polling Place Plan are needed. Call Rob Scaramella at 847-377-8314.
Emergency Preparedness and Public Health Training (over 100 courses). University of Minnesota online free training. www.sph.umn.edu/ce/online
Emergency Response Contact: Rob Scaramella
THINK ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE YOU CAN MAKE BY JOINING OUR LOCAL MEDICAL RESERVE CORPS. HELP US TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY AND COMMUNITY.
| Mass casualty training
||Dispensing Training in Zion
||MRC Nurses Checking Blood Pressures at Lake County Fair
VOLUNTEERS BUILDING STRONG, HEALTHY AND PREPARED COMMUNITIES.